House Committee on Elections - 64th R.S. (1975)
- Review the Texas Election Code and Article VI of the Texas Constitution to identify sections which unclear, invalid or outdated. Make recommendations for improving state election laws.*
- Study the use of electronic voting systems; review problems with punch card systems, including management failures, technical difficulties, and ballots with unclear or unreadable markings. Assess the adequacy of provisions to prevent election fraud. *
- Study proposals to streamline the local election process by creating a system of county election administrators.*
- Recommend provisions for inclusion in a presidential preference primary election system.*
- Review the Secretary of State's request for appropriations above the level recommended by the Legislative Budget Board.*
- Study the impact of the federal Voting Rights Act on Texas and its political subdivisions.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Joseph Petony (Member) resigned 01/31/1976.
Lance Lalor (Member) appointed June 1976. (Press Release, Speaker of the House Bill Clayton, June 29, 1976. See House Press Memos, L1801.1 P926 1976).
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.