Senate Committee on Natural Resources Subcommittee on Agriculture - 68th R.S. (1983)
- Review the potential agricultural benefits of research in the areas of biotechnology and genetic engineering. Make recommendations regarding funding for continued research in these areas.*
- Study the effects of major predators on Texas farmers and ranchers; consider the effectiveness of predation abatement methods, including predacides and poisons, hunting, and fencing. *
- Study the impact of current energy pricing system on agricultural users. Make recommendations regarding the regulation of natural gas sold to agricultural users and the electricity rates for cotton gin operators.*
- Review ways to promote water conservation, to increase the availability of water for agricultural purposes, and to control soil erosion.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
According to the interim report, J.E. "Buster" Brown and Bill Sims served as ex officio members of the committee.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.