House Committee on Agriculture and Livestock - 81st R.S. (2009)
- Evaluate the impact of tick-borne diseases in domestic and exotic livestock and of plant diseases and pests on the Texas agriculture industry. Examine barriers limiting the state's response and identify resources to enhance the state's ability to control, prevent, and respond to disease vectors.
- Review efforts to manage feral hog populations and mitigate damage to agricultural and livestock operations.
- Study the safety and efficiency of the existing agriculture-related transportation infrastructure. Consider the air, ground, and rail transportation needs of rural Texas and analyze the effect on economic development. Joint Interim Charge with House Committee on Transportation
- Survey rural economic development programs. Analyze the economic relationship between rural communities and the agriculture industry and their combined impact on the state's economy. Joint Interim Charge with House Committee on County Affairs
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.