House Committee on Culture, Recreation, and Tourism - 81st R.S. (2009)
- Explore ways to promote and improve economic development through heritage, cultural, recreational, and historical programs. Consider the long-term economic impact of state parks in promoting tourism and recreation.
- Examine Texas Parks and Wildlife's current licensing and permitting process, including available exemptions, occupational licensing, potential for reducing the number of permits for a single permit holder, and assessment of fees.
- Review the Texas Wildlife Action Plan and make recommendations on ways to further support aquatic and nongame programs.
- Study ways to improve economic development in Texas through the film and music industries.
- Monitor the long-term plans to improve state parks. Consider the feasibility of acquiring additional park land.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Van Taylor appointed by Speaker 6/17/2010 (Letter, Speaker Joe Straus, 6/17/2010).
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.