House Committee on Energy Resources - 81st R.S. (2009)
- Survey current local ordinances governing surface use of property in oil and gas development. Recommend changes, if any, to the authority of the Railroad Commission to regulate the operation of oil and gas industries in urban areas of the state, particularly the Barnett Shale.
- Monitor the implementation of recent legislation dealing with carbon capture and storage and make recommendations as to whether further action is required to resolve outstanding issues. Examine proposed legislation from other states and review federal initiatives.
- Examine the state's portfolio of electric generation resources, including traditional sources, emerging renewable technologies, and energy efficiency. Determine whether the existing state regulatory programs and incentives are adequate to meet the energy needs of the future. Consider factors relating to reliability, requirements for additional transmission, or auxiliary services. Joint Interim Charge with House Committee on State Affairs
- Consider the establishment of uniform statutes and codes relating to liquid petroleum gas permitting and operations as a means to resolve conflicts of interpretation between state and local jurisdictions.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.