House Committee on Judicial Affairs - 75th R.S. (1997)
- Review the feasibility of drafting a Uniform Municipal Courts of Record Act, such that future municipal courts of record bills could simply add the name of the city and any special provisions relating to that court (similar to Chapter 25, Government Code, dealing with statutory county courts).
- Review the responsibilities of county attorneys in light of new duties in the prosecution of felony crimes to determine whether those duties are effectively discharged, or whether additional resources are needed.
- Review the courts' methods for equalizing appellate court caseloads, including any additional measures that would be beneficial. Determine why prior attempts to redistrict appellate courts have been unsuccessful and whether new methods are necessary to accomplish redistricting.
- Study the benefits of merging district, statutory county courts, and constitutional county courts for probate matters into a single level of multi-county statutory probate courts.
- Conduct active oversight of agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.