House Committee on State Recreational Resources - 75th R.S. (1997)
- Conduct a state park system inventory to determine the extent of public lands and facilities required to ensure that historical, natural and recreational resources will be adequately maintained and held in the pulic trust for future generations of Texans. (Joint with the House Committee on Appropriations.
- Monitor the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's efforts to implement the recommendations contained in the KPMG Peat Marwick review of the state's historical structures, sites, and parks, including all measures to improve the maintenance, operational support, and promotion of these facilities. (Joint with the House Committee on State, Federal, and International Relations)
- Review the Department's boat registration and titling system and review the need for enhanced coordination with county tax assessor-collectors invoved in boat registration.
- Evaluate practices for controlling exotic aquatic vegetation. Assess the need for improving the safe handling and application of aquatic pesticides.
- Conduct active oversight of other agencies, programs, and recently enacted legislation under the committee's jurisdiction, including HB 966 75th R.S. (boating safety), HB 2542 75th R.S. (Parks and Wildlife Code revisions), and HB 3189 75th R.S. (TPWD revenue bonds for parks infrastructure).
No report was issued.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.