House Committee on Energy Resources - 82nd R.S. (2011)
- Review current state and federal laws and regulations and make recommendations to encourage additional energy production in Texas. Focus on the impact energy production has on our state's economy.
- Examine state regulations governing oil and gas well construction and integrity and pipeline safety and construction and determine what changes should be made, if any, to ensure that the regulations are adequate to protect the people of Texas and its natural resources.
- Study and make recommendations on the current process for the submission of well logs to the state by oil and gas operators. Specifically, identify changes that could be made in statute or agency administrative rules that would result in increased production through a more efficient system of collecting well logs.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction and the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 82nd Legislature. Specifically, monitor the Railroad Commission of Texas' implementation of HB 3328 82nd R.S. to ensure that the required rulemaking is completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Study and make recommendations for significantly improving the state's manufacturing capability.
- Find ways to increase transparency, accountability and efficiency in state government.
- In addition to monitoring the implementation of HB 3328 82nd R.S., continue to study the implications of hydraulic fracturing for the state's energy needs, environmental policy, economic development, and other related priorities. Examine ways to ensure appropriate state and local regulation of hydraulic fracturing that matches the needs and conditions of Texas. Coordinate with the House Committee on Natural Resources' charge regarding water quantity and quality issues in oil and gas production, and with other committees, as necessary.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.