Senate Committee on Natural Resources Subcommittee on Agriculture - 67th R.S. (1981)
- Study the issues of bonding or recovery funds associated with grain elevator storage to ensure commodity producers against possible economic loss.
- Explore the issue of agricultural labor with respect to labor availability and labor relations.
- Study the transportation of agricultural commodities and analyze the effect that transportation rates have upon agricultural profitability.
- Review the measures the state has taken to guarantee that farmers are assured sufficient supplies of water for their crops and livestock.
- Examine the adequacy and timeliness of publicly funded agricultural research and development programs.
- Examine any problems relating to the enabling legislation and administration of the Family Farm and Ranch Security Program.
- Study the current system for bonding of commodity warehouses. Consider the risk of warehouse defaults and the possible effects on depositors. Review proposed methods for guaranteeing 100% protection for commodities depositors*
- Review current state laws regulating pesticides; consider whether additional regulations are needed to protect the health farm workers.*
- Investigate recent grain elevator explosions in Texas and suggest means to reduce the likelihood that such catastrophes will recur.
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
John Wilson (Member) died 9/19/1982.
Charged by SR 627.
According to the interim report, J.E. "Buster" Brown and E.L. Short served as ex officio members of the subcommittee.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.