LRL Home - Committees - Committee overview
Committee on Statewide Health Care Costs, Select - 86th R.S. (2019)
Examine the primary drivers of increased health care costs in Texas. This examination should include a review of:
(1) current health care financing strategies;
(2) fragmentation of the care delivery administrative burden;
(3) population, health, and social factors that contribute to rising rates of chronic disease and poor health;
(4) insurance coverage and benefit design;
(5) lack of transparency in the cost of health care services;
(6) regional variations in the cost of care;
(7) consolidation and lack of competition in the provider and insurance markets;
(8) health care workforce capacity distribution; and
(9) fraud, abuse, and wasteful spending.
Study opportunities to better coordinate how public dollars are spent on health care.
Identify emerging and proven delivery system improvements and sustainable financing models that could reduce the cost of health care.
Appointed by Speaker Dennis Bonnen 12/10/2019, pursuant to Rule 1, Section 16(b), House Rules.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.