House Committee on Culture, Recreation, and Tourism - 87th R.S. (2021)
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the Committee’s jurisdiction and oversee the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 87th Legislature. Conduct active oversight of all associated rulemaking and other governmental actions taken to ensure the intended legislative outcome of all legislation, including the following:
Review the overall state of Texas' travel, tourism and hospitality industry. Make recommendations for statutory and regulatory changes to ensure industry resiliency and vitality. Consider the following:
- Access to federal recovery programs and efforts that enable the draw-down of federal funding;
- Improvement of workforce reliability; and
- Use of the supplemental money appropriated to the Governor’s Office of Economic Development and Tourism through SB 8 87th 3rd C.S.
- Review state efforts to preserve and develop Texas state parks and open spaces to ensure affordable public access to outdoor recreational and educational opportunities.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.