Senate Committee on Jurisprudence - 66th R.S. (1979)
- Review preferential setting clauses which allow particular kinds of lawsuits or causes of action to take precedence over all other lawsuits pending on a court's docket at the time the lawsuit is filed. Study the problems which these clauses create, and propose solutions. *
- Review state interest rate regulation and usury laws, and study the nature and extent of Federal intervention in regulating the availability and cost of credit. *
- Research problems with enforcing child support orders; make recommendations for improving the enforcement process. *
- Study, in cooperation with the Texas Prosecutors Coordinating Council, the quality and uniformity of criminal prosecution in Texas. The Committee shall provide input to the council study and monitor the information produced by that study.
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Charged by SR 605
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.