House Committee on Environmental Affairs - 72nd R.S. (1991)
- Monitor and oversee legislation enacted during the 72nd Regular and Special Called Sessions that was considered by the Environmental Affairs Committee; Performance Audit Review Recommendations; and agency-initiated changes.
Carry out budget and oversight responsibilities for all agencies, boards, and commissions listed in Rule 3, Section 11.
A. Monitor and oversee documentation of salary increases.
B. Verify the number and status of outcomes and outputs as identified in the Appropriations Bill (HB 1, 72nd Legislature, 1st Called Session).
C. Review agencies' existing performance standards and determine whether new standards are needed.
- Monitor and review the Air Control Board's implementation of the newly adopted federal Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 and any related state air quality programs.
- Study the feasibility of a limited entry system for the shrimp fisheries of Texas.
- Study the Parks and Wildlife Department's authority and duties relating to the oversight and regulation of professional hunting and fishing guides and guide services.
- Study the use of taxes, product fees and or service fees to support environmental regulatory programs, natural resource conservation, property acquisitions, and capitol improvements.
- Study medical waste disposal (in coordination with the Committee on Public Health).
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.