House Committee on General Investigating - 72nd R.S. (1991)
- Review the status of bingo operations in Texas, and investigate problems in the effective regulation and control of charitable bingo.*
- Study whether unauthorized telephone solicitations are being made in the name of veterans organizations; review the extent of abuses associated with telephone solicitations in Texas and determine whether legislative action is needed.*
- Study the role of parole advocates in the parole process.*
- Review the decision by the Texas Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation to close the Fort Worth State School and the Travis State School.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
James Hury (Member) resigned 9/23/1992. Patricia Gray (Member) appointed November 1992.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.