House Committee on Transportation - 72nd R.S. (1991)
- Monitor and oversee legislation enacted during the 72nd Regular and Special Called Sessions that was considered by the Committee on Transportation; Performance Audit Review Recommendations; and any agency-initiated changes.
Carry out budget and oversight responsibilities for all agencies, boards, and commissions listed in Rule 3, Section 34.
A. Monitor and oversee documenation of salary increases.
B. Verify the number and status of outcomes and outputs as identified in the Appropriations Bill (HB 1, 72nd Legislature, 1st Called Session).
C. Review agencies' existing performance standards and determine whether new standards are needed.
- Monitor activities of the Traffic Law Enforcement section of the Department of Public Safety and the Transportation Division of the Texas Railroad Commission.
- Examine the transportation of hazardous materials in the state, with an emphasis on federal directives to the state.
- Consider the effects on Texas of the federal transportation legislation, including the Federal Highway Reauthorization Act.
- Examine the issues of condemnation as it affects transportation.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.