House Committee on Energy - 72nd R.S. (1991)
- Monitor and oversee legislation enacted during the 72nd Regular and Special Called Sessions that was considered by the Energy Committee; Performance Audit Review Recommendations; and any agency-initiated changes.
Carry out budget and oversight responsibilities for all agencies, boards, and commissions listed in Rule 3, Section 10.
A. Monitor and oversee documentation of salary increases.
B. Verify the number and status of outcomes and outputs as identified in the Appropriations Bill (HB 1, 72nd Legislature, 1st Called Session).
C. Review agencies' existing performance standards and determine whether new standards are needed.
- Study the use of gas by utility companies as a clean burning inexpensive fuel. Examine the interaction between the utility companies and the P.U.C.
- Examine the implementation of both the well plugging bill by the Railroad Commission and the oil spill control bill by the General Land Office.
Study the methods of attaining maximum development of the state's oil, gas and other energy resources.
- Study conservation of the state's energy resources.
- Study and monitor a demonstration project in the Austin area designed to pioneer, encourage, and monitor the use of natural gas by public and private auto fleet owners and by consumers.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.