House Committee on Rules - 65th R.S. (1977)
- A review of the requirements in the rules which govern access to the floor by non-members, including staff, relatives, state officials, past members and the press.
- A study of the problems caused by congratulatory and memorial resolutions and recommend necessary changes in the methodology of dealing with those regulations.
- Review, and in conjunction with the Legislative Council, index and reorganize the House rules to provide the members easier access to locating specific rules.
- Review and compile the rules of other state legislatures, providing and index and survey of such rules through the Legislative Reference Library.
- Review the proposed joint rules for the Texas Legislature, meeting with appropriate Senate authorities to facilitate the adoption of such rules by the 66th Legislature.
No report was issued.
Charges are from Interim Committees from the 62d-66th Legislatures, L1800.1 IN8 1971-79.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.