House Committee on Liquor Regulation - 65th R.S. (1977)
Oversight responsibility of agency expenditures and related transactions. This function shall encompass a review and monitoring of all appropriations-related actions of those agencies assigned to this committee for appropriative purposes during the 65th Regular Session of the Legislature, to with:
Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
- A study of the wine-grape industry in Texas, its potential economic impact on the state, and the possible conflicts that may arise under the present Texas statutes and regulations.
- A study of existing laws and regulations relating to liquor and the regulation of that industry in Texas. Make recommendations as to any substantive or formal changes that may be needed to clarify areas of current uncertainty in the law.
- A study of nonreturnable bottles and the status of legislation related thereto. The study should review the status of related legislation in other states, and make recommendations as to any necessary changes in Texas statutes.
- A study of the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and how they effect Texas' statutes and agency regulations.
- A study of the possible distribution needs and advisability of publishing a loose-leaf version of the Alcoholic Beverage Code.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.