Senate Committee on Natural Resources - 74th R.S. (1995)
- Study the use of cost benefit analysis and risk assessment in environmental regulation.
- Monitor the interstate ozone transport agreement currently being developed by the Environmental Protection Agency and study the impact of the proposed agreement on Texas.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the environmental audit legislation, HB 2473 74th R.S., in increasing voluntary reporting of environmental violations.
- Monitor the implementation of the property rights legislation, SB 14 74th R.S..
- Examine the US Fish and Wildlife Service's decision to enact the Columbia Bottomlands Protection Plan, which would create a habitat for migratory birds in Brazoria, Matagorda, Fort Bend and Wharton Counties, and determine the effects of the plan on the region.
- Monitor the implementation of the petroleum storage tank bill, HB 2587 74th R.S..
- Study the Texas aquaculture industry and determine if additional regulation is necessary due to discharge into state bays and estuaries.
- Monitor the implementation of the waste tire recycling bill SB 776 74th R.S..
Jim Turner (Member) appointed 2/21/1995 and resigned 4/10/1995. Bill Sims resigned as Chair and appointed as Member, 2/6/1996. J. E. "Buster" Brown (Chair) appointed 2/6/1996. John T. Montford (Member) resigned 8/21/1996.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.