House Committee on Elections - 76th R.S. (1999)
- Review and assess all issues related to the financing of campaigns, including so-called "soft-money" and other funds whose source is unclear, the influence of out-of-state political action committees, and so-called "late-train" contributions.
- Examine the benefits of reducing the number and changing the dates of uniform elections.
- Examine the procedures for early voting by mail, including simplification of the application, deadlines, distribution of lists, and similar matters.
- Review Title 15, Election Code, to consider changes to make it easier to understand and follow.
- Consider methods to make voter registration rolls more accurate and easier to use.
- Assess the need for better accommodation of voters with visual impairments.
- Conduct active oversight of the agency under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.