House Committee on Human Services - 76th R.S. (1999)
- Study issues created by the transition of the TANF program to federal law when the state's waiver expires in 2002. Include a review of the final TANF regulations and how other states use TANF funds outside the traditional cash assistance program. Consider policies to improve outcomes for people leaving welfare.
- Study issues surrounding the financial difficulties experienced by some nursing home companies, including the reasons for bankruptcies and closures, state policies and resources for dealing with them, and impacts on residents.
- Assess the state's responsibilities and policies regarding supports for individuals with disabilities in community-based settings.
- Study the current public assistance eligibility, application and review processes, and other Department of Human Services' client communications to ensure that clients are getting the supports necessary to make a successful transition to self-sufficiency.
- Conduct active oversight of the agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.