House Committee on Pensions and Investments - 76th R.S. (1999)
- Review the adequacy of the state's monitoring of local retirement systems.
- Evaluate the pros and cons of defined contribution retirement plans that do not guarantee members any specific level of benefits upon retirement. Plans adopted in other jurisdictions should be considered and compared with Texas' state plans in regard to their ability to provide security to retirees, cost, and fairness to diverse employee groups.
- Consider a general policy for the state regarding the re-employment of people who have retired under a state retirement plan.
- Review the need for multiple cash and reduced annuity options such as lump sum and "DROP" plans.
- Conduct active oversight of the agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.