LRL Home - Committees - Committee overview
Committee on County Government - 61st R.S. (1969)
- Joe Brigance
- W.D. Henson
- Lew Sterrett
- Odis Tomachefsky
Make a complete and thorough study of the structure and needs of county government and county officials.
(1) Study the role and scope of county government as it exists under the statutes at the present time;
(2) Study the role and scope of county officials, their needs, duties, and powers as they relate to county and state government;
(3) hold hearings throughout the state and consider problems and solutions of county government and county officials from interested legislators, citizens and officials;
(4) gather evidence and information with a view toward reorganization and modernization of county government, the duties of county officials, and their relationships with state government;
(5) and submit its conclusions together with drafts of bills and resolutions the committee feels would best serve the interests of the State of Texas, the various counties of the state, and the county officials thereof.
Appointed by Speaker 3/9/1970, pursuant to HSR 394.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.