Senate Committee on Public Junior Colleges, Interim - 62nd R.S. (1971)
- Kenneth Ashworth
- Golfrey Connally
- Lewis Fox
- Tom Hatfield
- Jeannie Hoheimer
- Truman Isbell
- J.D. Moore
- Allen Triplett
- M.T. Waddell, Jr.
- Robert Ward
- Harvey Weil
- Terry Wheeler
Conduct a study of public junior college education. The study shall include, but not be limited to the following matters and shall place special attention upon these matters as they relate to the needs of students from low income and scholastically deficient backgrounds:
(1) identify the appropriate responsibilities of public junior colleges in serving the increasing number of nontraditional students seeking post-secondary education,
(2) examine existing programs to assess the extent to which they fulfill the needs of educationally and culturally deprived students entering junior colleges,
(3) predict the needs of students entering junior colleges during the next twenty years,
(4) make recommendations concerning the desired goals and responsibilities of the public junior colleges in response to those identified needs,
(5) examine the adequacy of current methods of financing junior college education,
(6)evaluate the effectiveness of the coordination of junior college programs with senior college programs.
Appointed by Lieutenant Governor, pursuant to SR 1398.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.