House Committee on Natural Resources - 73rd R.S. (1993)
- Identify ways to mitigate conflicts between landowners' property rights and land use with federal and state policies for protection of threatened and endangered species and habitat. Specific attention should be directed to incentive measures.
- Study the bond integrity of special districts impacted by local government regulatory actions.
- Conduct active oversight of agencies under the committee's jurisdiction, with particular attention to Edwards Aquifer and Petroleum Storage Tank issues. Perform a study of mandated reports to the legislature and legislative agencies. The study should consist of a review of the legislative reporting requirements of all agencies to identify areas where reporting obligations could be streamlined and agency accountability improved. The committee shall make specific recommendations about the continuation, modification or elimination of required legislative reports.
- Begin reconsideration of the unitization bill which was approved by the House of Representatives during the 63rd Legislature.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
The charge abstract regarding unitization is based on a press release issued by Speaker of the House Price Daniel on December 10, 1973. (Press release from Price Daniel, Jr., Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, December 10, 1973. See House Press Memos 1973, L1801.1 P926 1973.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.