Senate Committee on Criminal Justice, Interim - 72nd R.S. (1991)
- The Committee shall monitor the construction and location of additional prison beds authorized by HB 93, 72nd Legislature, 2nd Called Session.
- The Committee shall study and monitor the use of funds appropriated for the prison and criminal justice system.
- The Committee shall study and monitor the progress and impact of jail litigation in cooperation with the Attorney General's Office, including but not limited to HB 93, 72nd Legislature, 2nd Called Session.
- The Committee shall monitor and oversee legislation enacted during the 72nd Regular and Special Called Sessions that was considered by the Standing Committee on Criminal Justice including legislative mandates, all Performance Audit Review Recommendations, adopted or otherwise, and any agency-initiated changes. The Committee shall determine whether the programs that are the focus of study are functioning as planned.
- The Committee shall monitor and oversee documentation of salary increases, both legislative increases and agency initiated increases, including merits, reclassifications, and other salary areas.
- The Committee shall verify the number of employees covered by each study.
- The Committee shall verify the number and status of outcomes and outputs as identified in the Appropriations Bill (HB 1, 72nd Legislature, 1st Called Session).
- The Committee shall monitor implementation of sunset legislation.
Appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in a letter dated September 16, 1991. (See Lieutenant Governor Bob Bullock Appointments 1991-1999 L1803.1 P926a1991-1999)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.