Senate Committee on State Affairs, Interim - 72nd R.S. (1991)
- The Committee shall examine the functions of the Department of Transportation, including issues ranging from organization to regulatory procedures.
- The Committee shall study and monitor the use of the Workers' Compensation State Fund.
- The Committee shall monitor the operations of the General Services Commission as amended by HB 39, 72nd Legislature, 2nd Called Session.
- The Committee shall study how responsive the state workforce is to the changing economic needs of our state including the effectiveness of programs to assist the unemployed and the underemployed and policies designed to increase the productivity and employability of citizens of Texas.
- Monitor legislation related to the Office of Administrative Hearings, the Ethics Commission, Auto Theft Prevention Authority, Commission on Fire Protection, and the Office of the Comptroller's Property Tax Division. Examine issues related to transition, organization and regulatory procedures.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Bob Glasgow (Chair), John Leedom (Member), and Eddie Lucio (Member) were appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in letters dated September 16, 1991. In letters dated December 10, 1991, the Lieutenant Governor appointed Rodney Ellis (Member) and added Charge 4 to the Committee's charges.(See Lieutenant Governor Bob Bullock Appointments 1991-1999 L1803.1 P926a1991-1999)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.