Senate Committee on Human Resources Subcommittee on Consumer Affairs - 67th R.S. (1981)
- Study the continuing operation of the Public Utility Commission.
- Investigate funding problems experienced by the Compensation to Victims of Crime Fund, and make recommendations for increasing the money available to the Fund.*
- Study the effects of the Federal change from categorical grants to block grants. Assess the effects on consumers both as taxpayers and as users of government services, and make recommendations regarding state administration of block grants. *
- Consider possible legislation regarding community and employees "right to know" concerning exposure to toxic substances.*
- Review current ambulance laws and make recommendations regarding a comprehensive legislation regulating emergency medical services.*
- Study the regulation of dental laboratories and dental lab technicians by the Board of Dental Examiners, proposing feasible alternative regulatory mechanisms, if deemed appropriate.
- Study the distribution and utilization of allied health professionals in the state, programs for their education, and regulation of their professions.
- Study other significant issues affecting Texas consumers.
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
John Wilson (Member) died 9/19/1982.
Charged by SR 773.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.