House Committee on County Affairs - 71st R.S. (1989)
- To monitor all activities and to have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 6.
- To study the imposition of a county gasoline tax dedicated to the construction and maintenance of county roads and bridges.
- To study the need for additional revenue measures for county criminal justice programs.
- To study the effect of the County Indigent Health Care program on the county budget.
- To study the effect of state mandated programs on rollback limits.
- To study the registration of boats and the county tax assessor-collector's role in the process.
- To study the possible consolidation of certain contiguous counties.
Bob Melton (Member) resigned 8/31/1990.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.