House Committee on Higher Education - 71st R.S. (1989)
- To monitor all activities and to have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 15.
- To study the fiscal impact of present and proposed tuition exemptions on public institutions of higher education.
- To study the status, role and mission of upper level centers and institutions in the system of public higher education.
- To study the status of the core curriculum initiative established in HB 2183, 70th R.S..
- To study the fiscal impact of the TASP test on public junior colleges and community colleges.
- To study the resident physician compensation program administered by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- To study the accounting practices and costs of providing indigent health care by the state health science centers and institutions of higher education providing health care.
- To study the feasibility of establishment of Legislative criteria that must be met before the State authorizes the creation of additional institutions of higher education.
- To study the potential impact of dropout programs on the future enrollment demands on institutions of higher education, compared to present enrollment trends.
- To study university housing policies and tenant-landlord responsibilities on university campuses.
- To study reasonable minority participation in business contracts with university campuses.
- To study the impact of and access to the Super Conducting-Super Collider project on the Texas public system of higher education.
- To study the application of the "In vitro fertilization" procedure at Texas public medical schools and their teaching hospitals.
- To study the benefits of the means by which continuing education programs can be provided in those areas of the state that are not presently served.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.