House Committee on Public Pension Plans, House Joint - 65th R.S. (1977)
- Study all local public pension systems with detailed information for Fort Worth, Houston, El Paso, Austin, and Dallas. Include fiscal condition, actuarial soundness, participation requirements, benefit levels, investment policies, and general administrative practices.
Study all police and firefighter plans. Include the same information stated above
- Comment on the definition and importance of actuarial soundness.
- Comment specifically on the strengths of each state pension system with recommendations for improvements.
- State the type of information that should be included in actuarial reports and elaborate on the importance of periodic reporting.
- Touch on the University of Houston investment problems being investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission. Try to discover if such transactions are being made by the pension systems in their investment practices.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.