House Committee on Agriculture and Livestock - 71st R.S. (1989)
- To monitor all activities and to have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 1.
- To study the promotion of the exotic livestock industry and potential public necessity of governmental regulation thereof.
- To study international agriculture (joint study with State, Federal and International Relations Committee).
- To study environmental concerns related to water and groundwater quality (joint study with Natural Resources Committee and Environmental Affairs Committee).
- To study exotic pests and their impact on Texas agriculture.
- To study agricultural infrastructure related to transportation, distribution, processing and servicing of rural areas.
- To study nutrition education and food safety.
- To study pesticide disposal.
- To study agricultural economic diversification and development in rural areas.
- To study economic and marketing strategies that enhance the Texas wine industry, including federal and state laws related to transportation and shipment and their impact on interstate commerce of wine.
- To study the economic development opportunities of the aquaculture industry and the regulatory responsibilities of the State.
- Survey the problems and challenges the agriculture industry expects to face in the 1990s. Prepare a prioritized list of industry needs. *
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Layton Black (Member) appointed November 1989. Robert Earley (Member) resigned November 1989. (Press Release, Speaker of the House Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, November 10, 1989. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 2.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.