Border Economic Development Task Force - 69th R.S. (1985)
- Garcia Ruben, Chair
- Henry B. Ellis, Vice Chair
- Rep. Glen Roney, Vice Chair
- Ben Barnes
- John K. Best
- Manuel B. Bravo
- R.M. Duffey, Jr.
- Rene Gracida
- Bill Meyers
- Ricardo Rios
- A.R. Sanchez, Sr.
- Marie Tarvin-Garland
- Merced Perez Trevino
- Randy Whittington
- Identify major constraints to economic development in the Border region.
- Based upon existing studies, public perceptions, expert testimony, and other appropriate sources, identify priority economic development issues in the region.
- Assess the feasibility of successfully impacting factors identified as critical to the growth and prosperity of the Border region.
- Develop an agenda and implementation schedule of actions with a high probability of contributing to employment expansion, economic diversification, and other activities that will increase economic activity in the Border region.
- Identify, to the greatest degree practicable, appropriate resources for proposed actions.
- Assess the major factors shaping the border economy; evaluate the potential for positive change, and recommend ways of addressing priority economic development needs of the region.
Senate members and public members Randy Whittington, Rene Gracida, Glen Roney, A.R. Sanchez and Ben Barnes appointed by the Lieutenant Governor 12/9/1985. (Letters from William P. Hobby, Lieutenant Governor of Texas, December 9, 1985. See Lieutenant Governor Hobby Appointments, L1801.1 P926la 1981-86 2.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.