Senate Committee on Human Resources Subcommittee on Consumer Affairs - 65th R.S. (1977)
- Study the social and economic impact of the practice of redlining on older neighborhoods. Consider ways to increase the availability of mortgage and home improvement loans in areas where credit is expensive or unavailable.*
- Oversee the operations of the Public Utility Commission.*
- Investigate allegations of inadequate enforcement of state fire regulations by the State Fire Marshal's office. Particularly examine the Fire Marshal's licensing of fire extinguisher installers.*
- Review consumer education programs in Texas.*
- Investigate consumer complaints regarding automobile repairs. Consider whether the auto repair industry should be regulated.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.