House Committee on Higher Education - 70th R.S. (1987)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards, and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 15.
- To study the structure, role and scope of upper level institutions, centers, and branch campuses within the systems of public higher education.
- To study the extent of exemptions of certain classes of citizens from tuition payments as public institutions of higher education.
- To study the benefits of and the means by which continuing education programs can be provided in those areas of the state that are not presently served.
- To study the creation and expansion of public junior and community college districts and funding and taxing authority of such districts.
No report was issued.
Charles Evans (Member) resigned 10/30/1987.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.