House Committee on Retirement and Aging - 71st R.S. (1989)
- To monitor all activities and to have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 29.
- To study the differences of the Optional Retirement System and the other state retirement programs.
- To study and evaluate the performance and stability of the public retirement systems and determine the feasibility of establishing an evaluation system as a duty of the Pension Review Board.
- To study the feasibility of establishing an Office of the State Actuary to determine the impact of legislation, costs of new benefits programs or to evaluate the actuarial soundness of the public retirement systems.
- To study the public benefits structure of the Teacher Retirement System.
- To study alternative means to finance future long-term needs and increase the actuarial soundness of the Law Enforcement and Custodial Officer Supplemental Retirement Fund.
No Interim Report was issued.
David Patronella (Member) resigned 2/2/1989. Ken VanderVoort (Member) appointed 3/29/1989.
Interim member information is from 71st Legislature Interim Committees, L1800.1 In8 71.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.