House Committee on Licensing and Administrative Procedures - 79th R.S. (2005)
- Examine the current practice of certain occupations, and determine whether these occupations pose any significant threat to the health, safety and welfare of the general public to the extent that increased regulation is needed.
- Review ways to make Texas' racetracks more attractive to Texans and tourists in order to keep them viable and producing tax revenue for the state.
- Research ways to improve the enforcement of existing laws against underage drinking. Recommend any statutory changes needed to combat this problem.
- Evaluate the possibility of increased revenues, and unintended problems that might result from selling lottery tickets at new alternative locations, and recommend any needed statutory changes.
- Monitor the implementation of SB 1850 79th R.S., related to the proliferation of bars and "cantinas" in residential neighborhoods, around schools, churches, and daycare centers in counties with a population of 1.4 million or more. Recommend whether this statute should be broadened to apply to other counties in Texas.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.