Senate Committee on Jurisprudence - 79th R.S. (2005)
- Examine and make recommendations relating to the jurisdiction of statutory county courts, including the development of standardized language for Chapter 25, Government Code, to confer specific types of jurisdiction on statutory county courts and to ensure the statutes are clear and concise.
- Examine and make recommendations to improve court oversight of fiduciaries appointed to make financial and personal decisions for wards as well as those appointed to administer an estate or trust.
- Study and make recommendations relating to the use and cost benefits of electronic recording as an alternative method of preserving records of official court proceedings.
- Monitor the implementation of SB 1863 79th R.S., specifically the Collection Improvement Program, which seeks to improve the collection of criminal court fees, fines and costs. Make recommendations to increase the effectiveness of the Collection Improvement Program and determine if any statutory changes are necessary.
- Study and make recommendations relating to the possible uses and need for statutory directives regarding the use of collaborative law procedures.
- Review statutes, regulations, guidelines, and formulas relating to child support and make recommendations, if necessary, to ensure adequate support, including educational expenses, for children.
John Carona (Member) appointed and Kip Averitt (Member) removed 02/03/2006.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.