House Committee on Liquor Regulation - 69th R.S. (1985)
- Monitor all activities and have budget and oversight responsibilities for the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
- Study the effects of the implementation of the "across the board" sunset provisions of HB 2084, 69th R.S., to determine whether the Alcoholic Beverage Commission has implemented these provisions and if any are causing unforeseen difficulties or problem areas.
- Study the continuing growth of the Texas wine and grape industry in comparison with the industry in California and other states.
- Do a comparative study of survey of "happy hour" regulations including those of other states and to determine whether they are best regulated through statute or by rule-making authority.
- Review and study statistics and enforcement histories of locally adopted "open container" ordinances.
- Study the effects of the United States Department of Defense purchasing alcoholic beverages outside the state's regulated channels.
2nd C.S.: No change in committee appointments, 8/26/1986.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.