House Committee on Agriculture and Livestock - 80th R.S. (2007)
- Monitor the development and implementation of the 2007 Farm Bill and determine the impact of the legislation on Texas agricultural products.
- Evaluate preparedness of relevant agriculture-related agencies to respond effectively to animal and plant disease threats.
- Study and evaluate the feasibility and potential economic impact of biofuel production from alternative feedstocks such as biomass, waste oils, and processed animal fats.
- Study the impact on the equine industry due to increased competition from other states as it related to larger purses in equine competitions.
- Examine the opportunities for increased economic development funding in rural Texas.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Charges issued by the Speaker November 30, 2007.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.