House Committee on Energy Resources - 80th R.S. (2007)
- Examine issues related to electrical lines and abandoned equipment on oil and gas leases.
- Examine whether the Railroad Commission of Texas should regulate carbon capture.
- Discuss further the issue of financial assurance in relation to oil and gas wells, and evaluate the current bonding structure.
- Discuss alternative energy sources and how best to incorporate them into our traditional energy sector. Also study the potential benefits of biofuels in Texas, including Texas feedstocks best suited for biofuel production and synergies between that industry and traditional energy sectors. Develop recommendations for facilitating the growth of the biofuel industry in a manner that best positions Texas in the national market.
- Research ways to maintain ground water quality in relation to oil and gas exploration through economic incentives for innovative technology solutions.
- Study the use of the Texas Economic Development Act since its enactment as HB 1200 77th R.S.. Determine how the act may be enhanced to better attract significant capital investments by science and technology industries developing alternative energy sources. (Joint Interim Charge with the House Committee on Economic Development.)
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Charges issued by the Speaker November 30, 2007.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.