|Committee:||House Transportation Funding, Select|
|Library Catalog Title:||House Committee on Transportation Funding, Select, Texas House of Representatives interim report, 2010 : a report to the House of Representatives, 82nd Texas Legislature|
|Subjects:||Highway finance | Transportation planning ||
|Library Call Number:||L1836.81 T687f|
|Session:||81st R.S. (2009)|
|Online version:||View report [27 pages File size: 1,386 kb]|
|Charge:||This report should address the charge below.|
|1.||The committee shall study and make recommendations regarding transportation funding needs for the State of Texas. As part of its work, the committee shall:
(1) focus on the need for increased transparency and accountability in all facets of transportation planning, development, and implementation;
(2) review the current funding options being utilized to determine their effectiveness at meeting future funding demands;
(3) analyze the amount of funding needed to meet future transportation infrastructure and maintenance needs;
(4) assess the dollars per mile spent in construction (considering the state's varying geographic, environmental, and climate conditions) to determine whether our state is making efficient use of current transportation funding resources;
(5) explore innovative approaches to encourage local government entities to participate in the development of critically needed transportation projects; and
(6) consider the feasibility of using alternative funding options at the state and local levels to meet the expected growth and demand for transportation infrastructure, rail relocation, and high speed rail.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.