Marshall Clinton Formby
Full Name: Marshall Clinton Formby, Jr.
Date of birth: April 12, 1911
Date of death: December 27, 1984
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 14, 1941 - Jan 9, 1945
McAdoo / Dickens
Andrews, Bailey, Borden, Cochran, Cottle, Crosby, Dawson, Dickens, Floyd, Gaines, Garza, Hale, Hockley, Howard, Kent, King, Lamb, Lubbock, Lynn, Martin, Motley, Stonewall, Terry, Yoakum
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Selected Newspaper articles
Resolutions and Journal entries
Military Service Notes
- United States Army, Private. "State Senator Formby Waives Deferment to Become Army Private," 5/12/1942.
Dallas Morning News.
- World War II service, Corporal in officers' training at Fort Belvoir, Virginia, "Legislature Faces Problem of Absences: Men in Armed Forces Can't Get Leave to Attend Sessions," 1/1/1943.
Dallas Morning News.
- United States Army Corps of Engineers, Lieutenant. "Marshall Formby Does Not Seek Re-election," Crosbyton Review, 4/28/1944, p. 1, crediting the Crosby County Public Library.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
- "In addition to his tireless devotion to the people of the State of Texas, his term as a state senator was interrupted by his service in World War II with the Army engineers in the European Theatre." 69th Legislature, R.S., SR 15.
Resolutions - Memorial.
- Pictured in uniform in 48th Senate composite photo and listed as Lt. Marshall Formby.
State Preservation Board.
- United States Army. Photo and salute.
With Honor and Gratitude: A Special Thank You to Our Texas Senate Members Who Served Our Country, 2017.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.