Elmore J. Blackert
Full Name: Elmore J. "Elmo" Blackert
Date of birth: September 11, 1891
Date of death: March 24, 1979
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1933 - Jan 12, 1937
Victoria / Victoria
Aransas, Atascosa, Bee, Calhoun, DeWitt, Goliad, Jackson, Karnes, Live Oak, Refugio, San Patricio, Victoria, Wilson
44th Legislature - Roll Call of Holdover Senators, 1/8/1935, p. 1.
43rd Legislature - Roll Call of New Senators and Certificate of New Senators, oath of office administered, 1/10/1933, pp. 1-2.
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Article and photo, "Senator Blackert New U.T. Regent," 11/29/1936.
- Elmore J. Blackert, death date 3/24/1979 in Victoria, Texas.
FamilySearch Texas Death Index, 1964-1998.
- Elmore Blackert, birth date 9/11/1891, death date March 1979, Victoria County, Texas.
FamilySearch United States Social Security Death Index.
- E.J. Blackert; Daily Texan, "Governor Re-Names Waggener, Weinert to Board of Regents; Blackert Succeeds Scott"; Alcalde, "Governor Names Regents."
Former Regents of The University of Texas System.
- Elmo J. Blackert,
Members of the Texas Congress 1836-1845; Members of the Texas Legislature 1846-2004, 2005.
- Mentioned in preview of 44th Legislature and discussion of legislative turnover, "Texas House Gets 80 New Members," 10/15/1934, p. 14.
San Antonio Express.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.