Robert Graham Piner
Full Name: Robert Graham Piner, Jr.
Date of birth: February 10, 1896
Date of death: August 26, 1944
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1939 - Jan 14, 1941
Greenville / Hunt
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Obituary, Dr. Robert G. Piner, Jr., "Son of Former Honey Groveite Dies at Greenville," Honey Grove Signal-Citizen, 9/1/1944, p. 3, crediting Honey Grove Preservation League. Born 2/10/1897 in Sherman, "prominent former Greenville chiropractor and member of the Texas Legislature."
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
Military Service Notes
- Corporal, Company C, 144th Infantry, San Antonio, Texas, enlisted 5/1/1915, discharged 5/27/1919. Robert Graham Piner, Jr., birth date 2/10/1896, death date 8/26/1944.
FamilySearch United States, Veterans Administration Master Index, 1917-1940, 1985.
- 4th Texas Infantry N.G., Corporal. Military grave marker, Corp. Robert G. Piner, Jr., birth date 2/10/1896, death date 8/26/1944, burial in Forest Park Cemetery, Greenville, Hunt County.
Find a Grave.
- Robert Graham Piner, Jr., birth date 2/10/1897 (1897 written over 1896) in Grayson County, death date 8/26/1944 in Greenville, Hunt County, occupation: doctor chiropractor.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Robert Graham Piner, birth date 2/10/1897 in Sherman, Texas, draft registration 6/5/1918 at Houston, Harris County.
FamilySearch United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918.
- Robert Graham Piner, birth date 2/10/1896, draft registration at Greenville, Hunt County.
FamilySearch United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942.
- "Dr. R.G. Piner of Greenville was the first Texas chiropractor to be elected to the State Legislature." History: 1930 to 1940, by Chris Dalrymple, DC, 1/13/2016.
Texas Chiropractic Association.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.