Ennis Hubert Gipson
Full Name: Ennis Hubert Gipson
Date of birth: July 17, 1879
Date of death: December 3, 1943
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 9, 1923 - Jan 13, 1925
Wichita Falls / Wichita
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Biographical sketch and photo, "Ennis H. Gipson: Adjutant General of the State of Oklahoma, 1918 to 1919." "Gipson made a successful run for the Texas State Legislature while in Wichita Falls, serving one term from 1923 to 1925. Masonic Generals of the Oklahoma National Guard: 1894-1965, by Trasen Solesmont Akers, 2014, pp. 31-34. Born 1879, died 1943, burial in Sayre-Doxey Cemetery, Oklahoma.
- Ennis Hubert Gipson, birth date 7/17/1879 in Chariton, Missouri; death date 12/3/1943 in Beckham County, Oklahoma. Goff - Wilson Family Tree.
- Ennis Hubert Gipson, birth date 7/17/1879, permanent home address in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; occupation: Adjutant General, State of Oklahoma, State Capitol; nearest relative Eloise Gipson, draft registration in Oklahoma City on 9/12/1918.
FamilySearch United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918.
- Ennis H. Gipson, birth date 7/17/1879, birthplace Chariton, Missouri, lawyer, draft registration 4/25/1942 in Sayre, Oklahoma.
FamilySearch United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942.
- E.H. Gipson (1879-1943), burial in Sayre-Doxey Cemetery, Sayre, Oklahoma.
Find a Grave.
- 38th Legislature (1923) - E.H. Gipson, postoffice Wichita Falls, nativity Missouri, age 41 (born circa 1882), lawyer, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
E.H. Gipson, 38th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.