Charles Walter Taylor
Full Name: Charles Walter Taylor
Date of birth: February 20, 1870
Date of death: February 18, 1951
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 14, 1913 - Jan 12, 1915
Rogers / Bell
Senate President Pro Tempore (33rd)
Bell, Bosque, Coryell, Hamilton
33rd Legislature - Senate President Pro Tempore, elected 10/3/1914, 3rd C.S., due to the vacancy in the office of Lieutenant Governor and the absence of the President Pro Tem.
"Votes for C.W. Taylor: Rogers Editor Carries All Four Counties Composing Twenty-Seventh," 11/8/1912, p. 4. Special election returns for Senate District 27.
Galveston Daily News
Charles W. Taylor, in special election 11/5/1912, succeeded Earle B. Mayfield, resigned 9/25/1912.
Members of the Texas Congress 1836-1845; Members of the Texas Legislature 1846-2004
33rd Legislature - List of Senators elected on November 5, 1912, oath of office administered, 1/14/1913, pp. 3-4.
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Resolutions and Journal entries
- C.W. Rogers, editor of the Rogers News, home in Rogers, Bell County. Testimony taken before the Senate Investigating Committee, to investigate the Prohibition amendment election held 7/22/1911, 32nd Legislature, 1st Called Session, Volume II, 8/10/1911, pp. 123-125.
- Death notice, Charles W. Taylor, 2/19/1951, p. 3. "Charles W. Taylor, 80, retired newspaper editor of Rogers, died in a local hospital Sunday."
- Census of 1900 - Chas. W. Taylor, Bell County, age 30, born February 1870 in Kansas, journalist, spouse Effie.
Census of 1910 - Charles W. Taylor, Bell County, age 40, born circa 1870 in Kansas, editor/proprietor, news office, spouse Effie.
Charles Walter Taylor in birth records of sons James Taylor (1/5/1901) and Rogers Raymon Taylor (9/7/1903).
Texas Births and Christenings, 1840-1981
- Charles W. Taylor, editor newspaper, birth date 2/20/1870 in Kansas, death date 2/18/1951 in Austin, Texas; removal to Rogers, Texas.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Charles W. Taylor (1870-1951), burial in Rogers Cemetery, Rogers, Bell County, with spouse Effie Taylor.
Find a Grave.
- 33rd Legislature (1913) - C.W. Taylor, postoffice Rogers, Bell County, nativity Kansas, editor, Democrat, age 43 (born circa 1870), 32 years in Texas.
Texas Legislative Manual.
C.W. Taylor, 33rd Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.