Thomas Watson White
Full Name: Thomas Watson White
Date of birth: February 8, 1876
Date of death: July 4, 1955
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1911 - Dec 1, 1912
Ennis / Ellis
White resigned 12/1/1912.
Members of the Texas Congress 1836-1845; Members of the Texas Legislature 1846-2004
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Obituary, Dr. Thomas Watson White, 7/5/1955, p. 12. "He was a native of Ellis County and the son of a pioneer physician and surgeon. He was veteran of the Army Medical Corps in the Spanish-American War. He had served in the Texas Legislature as a representative from Ellis County."
Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Obituary, Dr. Thomas Watson White, "Dr. T.W. White, 79, Dies in Houston," The Ennis Daily News, 7/5/1955, p. 5 (section 1, p. 1), crediting Ennis Public Library.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
Military Service Notes
- Hospital Steward, 1st Texas Infantry, Spanish-American War (November 1898-April 1899). T. Watson or Thomas W. White, Ennis, Texas, birth date 2/8/1876, death date 7/4/1955.
FamilySearch United States, Veterans Administration Master Index, 1917-1940, 1985.
- Hospital Steward, 1st Regiment, Texas Infantry, Spanish-American War. Military grave marker, T. Watson White, birth date 2/8/1876, death date 7/4/1955, burial in Myrtle Cemetery, Ennis, Ellis County.
Find a Grave.
- Census of 1910 - Thomas W. White, Ennis, Ellis County, age 36, born circa 1874 in Texas, doctor, spouse Jessie, daughter Addlean.
- Dr. Thomas Watson White, birth date 2/8/1876 in Palmer, Texas, death date 7/4/1955 in Houston, physician, Spanish-American War veteran.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- 32nd Legislature (1911) - T.W. White, postoffice Ennis, nativity Texas, age 34 (born circa 1877), physician, 34 years in Texas, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
T.W. White, 32nd Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.