Full Name: Forrest Gaither, Sr.
Date of birth: February 9, 1858
Date of death: November 30, 1938
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1911 - Jan 14, 1913
Chilton / Falls
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Obituary of daughter Beulah Gaither Craig, 8/18/2000, section 3, p. 6. "Mrs. Craig, born Sept. 3, 1907, in Chilton, was the last of nine children born to Forrest Gaither Sr. and Annie Dudley Wright. Her father, Forrest Gaither, was a state representative from Falls County and friend of William Sydney Porter (O. Henry). Twelve members of the Gaither family fought for Texas' independence at the Battle of San Jacinto."
Tyler Morning Telegraph.
- Obituary, "Forrest Gaither, Texas Leader, Is Claimed by Death," 12/1/1938, pp. 1, 12. "He served a number of terms in the Texas legislature from Falls county. Born in Roundtop, Texas, in 1857 . . . " Courtesy Waco-McLennan County Library.
- Forrest Gaither, Sr., birth date 2/9/1858 in Round Top, death date 11/30/1938 in McLennan County. Texas, U.S., Death Certificates, 1903-1982 (duplicate certificate filed for the purpose of correction and completion, affidavit of Thomas A. Gaither); Texas Death Index, 1903-2000.
- Candidate announcement in 1924 and photo, "Forrest Gaither, Candidate for Flotorial Representative, McLennan, Falls and Bell Counties," 7/18/1924, p. 6. "Hon. Forrest Gaither of Chilton . . . This writer knew him when he was a member of the legislature in 1912 and knows of the splendid work that he did. He still resides in Falls county . . ."
- Census of 1900 - Forest Gaither, Justice Precinct 5, Falls County, age 41, born February 1858 in Texas, spouse Annie D., sons Forest, Roy W., and Thomas A. daughters Helen G., Francis, and Annie.
Census of 1910 - Forest Gaither, Justice Precinct 5, Falls County, Busby and Chilton Road, age 52, born circa 1858 in Texas, farmer, spouse Annie, sons Forest and Tom, daughters Frances, Annie, Marion, and Beaulah Elna.
Census of 1930 - Forest Gaither, Justice Precinct 5, Falls County, age 70, born circa 1860 in Texas, merchant/grocery store, widowed.
- Forrest Gaither, Sr., birth date 2/9/1858, death date 11/30/1939, burial in Chilton Cemetery, Chilton, Falls County.
Find a Grave.
- 32nd Legislature (1911) - Forrest Gaither, postoffice Chilton, nativity Texas, age 52 (born circa 1859), farmer, 52 years in Texas, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
- "49th State Is Favored: Booklet by Gaither Is Recommended," 6/19/1938, p. 16, by Col. G.W. Hill. "To the editor: In 1936 the Hon. Forrest Gaither of Waco, Texas, copyrighted a book entitled 'Indictment, Facts for Your Consideration.' In this booklet Hon. Forrest Gaither sets out an appeal to patriotic Texas people to claim and put into operation their privilege and legal right to divide Texas into several states."
Valley Morning Star.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.