LRL Home - Legislators and Leaders - Texas Legislators: Past & Present - Member profile
Thomas B. Peareson
Full Name: Thomas B. "Tom" Peareson
Date of birth: July 1, 1878
Date of death: November 9, 1915
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Mar 26, 1906 - Jan 8, 1907
Richmond / Fort Bend
Fort Bend, Waller
29th Legislature, 2nd C.S., 3/26/1906, p. 2. Notice of vacancies in the House due to resignations of Hon. W.B. Ware and Hon. A.L. Sharpe and deaths of Hon. J.D. Woods and Hon. Lon A. Hagan; elections and oaths of office of Thos. B. Peareson, Charles Davis, Jr., J.R. Bowman, and W.J. Mathis, sworn 3/26/1906.
Thomas B. Peareson, in special election 2/8/1906, succeeded Lon A. Hagan, died 1/6/1906.
Members of the Texas Congress 1836-1845; Members of the Texas Legislature 1846-2004
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Census of 1900 - Tom B. Pearson, Fort Bend County, born July 1878, living with brother Desage Peareson.
Census of 1910 - Tom B. Peareson, Richmond, Fort Bend County, age 31, born circa 1879 in Texas, lawyer, spouse Sarah.
- Thos. B. Peareson (1878-1915), burial in Morton Cemetery, Richmond, Fort Bend County. Includes death notice from The Houston Post, 11/4/1915.
Find a Grave.
- "Peareson Candidate for Senate: Fort Bend County Attorney May Oppose Stanley H. Beard," 2/21/1915, p. 3 (Beard later won election to succeed L.H. Bailey in Texas Senate for 34th Legislature). Includes biographical information on Thomas B. Peareson - "product of University of Virginia law school . . . represented Fort Bend and Waller counties during a portion of the 29th Legislature."
Galveston Daily News.
- Mentioned in biographical sketch of brother Judge D.R. Peareson, Volume IV, pp. 1674-1675. "Thomas B. Peareson, the present county attorney, who at one time was a member of the legislature." Father Philip E. Peareson, mother Minnie Rugeley.
A History of Texas and Texans, 1914.
- Memorial for brother De Rugeley Peareson (Judge, Fort Bend County), includes information on Peareson family, November 1950, p. 581.
Texas Bar Journal.
- Obituary, "Death Claimed County Attorney T.B. Pearson," 11/12/1915, p. 2, from Rosenberg Herald. Tom Pearson died Tuesday night (11/9/1915) at family home in Richmond.
Weimar Mercury (Weimar, Colorado County, Texas).
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.